Auspicious Symbols Carved Wall Hanging (Individual)
The Eight Auspicious Symbols are found in all forms of Tibetan art, painted on walls, appliquéd on brocade, carved on wood and sculpted in clay. They represent the essential elements of happiness, health, prosperity and joy and their causes - merit and wisdom.
1. Umbrella- royalty and spiritual power.
2. Golden Fish - good fortune, fertility and salvation
3. Treasure vase - spiritual and material abundance
4. Lotus - mental and spiritual purity
5. Conch - the fame of Buddha's teaching
6. Endless knot - infinite wisdom of the Buddha.
7. Victory banner - victory of the Buddha's teaching and wisdom over ignorance
8. Wheel - the teaching of the Buddha.
Each piece measures 7x7inches (18x18cm)
Learn more about Norbulingka's wood carving here and wood painting here.