Eight Auspicious Symbols Relief Painted Wall Hanging (Set)
The Eight Auspicious Symbols are found in all forms of Tibetan art, painted on walls, appliqu̩éd on brocade, carved on wood and sculpted in clay. They represent the essential elements of happiness, health, prosperity and joy and their causes - merit and wisdom.
The set of eight wall hangings, each featuring one auspicious symbol are made by our skilled woodwork artisans and painted with vibrant traditional colours using relief painting technique. This special technique called kyumbur make the design seem to pop off their flat surfaces and come to life.
1. Umbrella- royalty and spiritual power.
2. Golden Fish - good fortune, fertility and salvation
3. Treasure vase - spiritual and material abundance
4. Lotus - mental and spiritual purity
5. Conch - the fame of Buddha's teaching
6. Endless knot - infinite wisdom of the Buddha.
7. Victory banner - victory of the Buddha's teaching and wisdom over ignorance
8. Wheel - the teaching of the Buddha.
Each piece is 9.5x9.5inches (24x24cm)
Learn more about Norbulingka's wood painting here.