SPECIAL REQUEST FOR HELP
Norbulingka Institute is a self-sustaining NGO that has supported over 1000 Tibetan refugees for the past 25 years. Currently, we employ 366 employees. Our mission has been to create employment and to preserve Tibetan traditional art by passing on the skills of masters to a new generation of Tibetan artists.
Norbulingka Institute was chaired by His Holiness the Dalai Lama since its inception until 2015. Since 2016, we have been honored and blessed by H.E. Ling Rinpoche’s guidance as our Chair.
True to its mission, Norbulingka Institute has been sustaining on its own over the years through the sale of its high-quality products and two guest houses which allow for it to not only provide employment to 300 Tibetans, but also fund the following key initiatives:
- Training of artists and craftsmen/women in traditional Thangka painting, statue making, woodwork, tailoring and weaving
- Academy of Tibetan culture, which provides a 3-year solid Tibetan education in religion, grammar, history poetry, literature, medicine as well as foreign languages such as English and Chinese
- A research center that is working on an encyclopedia of Tibetan culture and history
- Compilation of His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s complete biography
- Childcare and medical care to Norbulingka employees
HISTORY & RECENT EVENTS
Pre-Covid-19: Norbulingka gave back ₹6,000,000 / monthly to the community through monthly salaries. The non-income generating sections cost ₹15,000,000 annually.
During Covid-19: Today, with the full closure of Norbulingka’s most profitable hospitality sections, sustaining its employees and especially the social programs has become an urgent challenge. Since April 2020, Norbulingka reduced expenses and working days by 50% to the current operational cost of ₹3,000,000 / monthly.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1. Shop on our online store to support our production, hospitality & administration teams
2. Donate here to contribute towards Norbulingka's social programs
Your contribution will go towards a monthly target of ₹500,000
Supports 18 staff in Childcare for 87 Children –
Supports training of 25 students in Education & Apprenticeship Program –
₹25,000 – Supports Temple Maintenance
3. Become a Sponsor
Please contact us directly at email@example.com
– 50% monthly operational budget
– 25% monthly operational budget
BANK TRANSFER DETAILS
For sponsorships and donations over ₹40,000, we kindly ask to use one of the following bank transfers:
Norbulingka’s Foreign Contribution Bank Account:
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Bank Address: Kotwali Bazaar, Dharamsala 176215 H.P India
Bank A/c: 10551096165
Bank Swift Code: SBININBB277
Sambotha (Tax-exempt, charitable non-profit for US donations)
Bank Transfer Details: Click Here
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAMBOTHA - BANK TRANSFER DETAILS
Bank Name: JPMorgan Chase Bank NA
Bank Address: 270 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Account number: 741315667
Routing Number: 021000021
Bank Swift/BIC Code: CHASUS33
Beneficiary Name: Sambotha Inc.
Beneficiary Address: 3737 SE Caruthers Street, Portland, OR 97214
For any questions please contact us at email@example.com